Evie’s Bedroom Makeover


I always try my very best to ensure our children's bedrooms are always a place they feel happiest and most relaxed. While Joseph’s bedroom is pretty much exactly how we want it decor wise, Evie’s was feeling a little bare. I decided last Sunday morning to let loose and get my painting clothes on, we chose a valspar emulsion in the colour (retro peach) as I felt it was striking and mature enough yet still girly and pretty. I also purchased champagne gold confetti wall decals to finish off the painted wall and make it look a little quirky and grown up.




I wanted to keep the basics (bed linen) and furniture pretty neutral so it would be much easier to change it up if we wanted to a year or two down the line. You can’t go wrong with plain white bed linen and a nice coloured bedspread, I purchased Evie’s plain white cotton bedding from next, and her peach bedspread/quilted throw was from Asda home (which unfortunately I can’t find a link for as it was purchased last year however I will link one very similar) I added the white throw to the bottom of her bed which I purchased from IKEA early last year, it is usually on our bed but I thought it looked absolutely stunning laid on hers and really brings the peach and whites together nicely. 










The framed sequin art above her bed was one of the best purchases I made, I found this little gem in B&M in the reduced isle for £7.99!!! Her desk in her bedroom is the Ikea malm. The bedside chest was a little Facebook marketplace bargain! And the unicorn lamp was a homesense find, however I have found one similar on iconic lights so I will attach the link to that below. 



On the other side of her bedroom next to her walk in wardrobe she has a slanted ceiling which I painted in the same colour, I added some framed prints to the wall that I printed at home myself that just finished off that big empty space, I also sat my wrendale designs hare cushion on her monk bench/toy box (that we had made by a local carpenter). 


All other little accessories were picked up from next, homesense and the range. 
I hope this blog has given you some inspiration.

All my love 
Victoria x






SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig